The Nathaniel Dett Chorale has a dedicated body of volunteers who assist us with things like event planning, merchandise sales during performances, and administrative duties in the Chorale office. Without our loyal volunteers, The Nathaniel Dett Chorale community would not be complete. We are honoured by our volunteers’ willingness to share their time and talents with our organization, and we thank them for their important contribution to our organization and to the community as a whole.
Throughout the season, there are many volunteer opportunities that arise. If you are interested in volunteering, please review the opportunities below, and fill out the form to sign-up. If you would like to volunteer your time and talents for something not listed, please fill out the form and outline how you’d like to volunteer. Our office will follow up with a telephone call.
- Data Entry – There is a constant flow of data coming in to The Nathaniel Dett Chorale office. We are always looking for individuals whose talents enable them to accurately enter a multitude of data into our database.
- Filing – As with every office, there are files that need to be organized and filed away. The Nathaniel Dett Chorale would love the assistance of someone who feels comfortable with both electronic and hard copy filing, especially a volunteer withÂ library or office experience.
Board of Directors
The Nathaniel Dett Chorale currently has a very supportive and involved Board of Directors. We are always interested in adding new talents and intellects to our Board.
As with most arts organizations, The Nathaniel Dett Chorale has many programs, projects, concerts, and events on the go. None of these activities could happen without the help of our committees. Our committees range from event planning to fundraising.
- Greeters – A volunteer acting as a greeter is agreeing to be the first point of contact for patrons, V.I.P. guests, and media. As a greeter, you should feel comfortable making small talk with audience members, answering questions related to the concert and the venue, and directing patrons to the box office or the concert hall.
- Merchandise Sales – The Nathaniel Dett Chorale sells CDs and DVDs at all of their performances. If you feel comfortable handling money and interacting with audience members, this is the volunteer opportunity for you!
- Donations – The individual donations the Chorale receives make it possible for us to continue at our level of musical excellence. As a volunteer taking donations, you should feel comfortable informing patrons about donation levels and completing financial transactions.
- Photographer/Videographer – Each of our concerts and events is a unique experience unto itself. The Nathaniel Dett Chorale makes every effort to document its activities through still photography and film.
To find out more about volunteer opportunities, or to sign up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org